Applicant Privacy Notice
This Applicant Privacy Notice describes the personal information Leoforce LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“LEOFORCE”, “us”, or “we”) collect when you apply for a position at LEOFORCE through the Careers webpage of our Website or in-person, how we use it, how long we retain it, and with whom we share it. This notice does not apply to third party sites or services outside of LEOFORCE’s careers website and application process (e.g., Indeed.com).
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected from applicants of LEOFORCE. The term “applicant” does not include individuals who have received a conditional offer. Individuals who have received a conditional offer letter should refer to the Employee Privacy Notice.
2. Information collection, use, and retention
When you apply for a position at LEOFORCE, we collect or receive personal information at various stages in the application process as described below. We will retain this information for seven (7) years, unless otherwise disclosed below, or until we have received a request to delete this information.
- Complete an application: When you apply for a position with LEOFORCE, we collect from you or a recruiter your identifiers (name, email address, home and mobile telephone number, home address), education information relevant to the job (educational institution attended), your professional or employment information (resume/CV, certifications or licenses, qualifications, employment history, educational history, and references), and inferences drawn from this information used to assess your qualification for the role. We use your professional or employment information to review your background and skills, determine your qualifications for the role you are applying to, to confirm information related to your education, and communicate with you regarding your application. We may also collect sensitive personal information (last four digits of your Social Security number or date of birth) and health information (vaccination status). We use this information as necessary to comply with the law and provide services to our clients. For equal employment and affirmative action purposes, you also have the option to provide us with your protected classifications (gender, race, ethnicity, veteran or military status/spouse status, age range and disability status). We use this protected classification information for government reporting purposes, to comply with legal requirements, to analyze requested disability accommodations as applicable, and to keep a record of things like accommodations we provided to address your needs.
- Participate in a phone call or videoconference or phone or videoconference interview: If you participate in a phone call or videoconference for any reason, including an interview, with your consent, we will collect your physiological characteristics (video recording of your physical appearance) and auditory information (a recording of your voice). We use these recordings for training and education of our staff, and, if applicable, review your performance during an interview.
- Participate in an in-person interview: If you participate in an on-site interview with LEOFORCE, we will collect, from you, a video recording of you captured through our CCTV footage. We also collect video recordings of you automatically via CCTV systems on our premises. We use this information to ensure the security of LEOFORCE personnel and property.
- Responses to role-based aptitude and skills test: If you complete a role-based aptitude and skills test as part of our hiring process, we collect the responses you provided from our third-party test administrator. We use your responses to draw inferences about your abilities, skills, and aptitudes so that we can match you with jobs and determine your suitability for specific role(s).
Information Collected Automatically by Cookies
3. Information sharing
LEOFORCE shares applicant personal information in the following instances:
- Within LEOFORCE: We share applicant personal information among our hiring decision-makers (i.e., human resources department, senior management, and hiring managers) for the legitimate business purposes of assessing applications and making hiring decisions. Access to applicant personal information is limited to those on a need-to-know basis.
- For legal purposes: We share applicant personal information with third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with legal obligations.
- During a corporate reorganization: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, we would share applicant personal information. We will also share applicant personal information if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- With our Clients: We may share applicant personal information with our Client to provide our services to the Client.
Sharing in the Preceding Twelve (12) Months
For Business Purposes. In the preceding twelve (12) months, LEOFORCE has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- With service providers: In the preceding twelve (12) months, LEOFORCE has shared applicant identifiers, professional or employment information, education information, professional or employment information, inferences drawn from this information, sensitive personal information (last four digits of your Social Security number or date of birth), and health information (vaccination status) with service providers that assist us in evaluating you during the application process. These service providers include our recruiters, videoconference providers, cloud provider, IT support provider, and recruitment platform provider.
For Sale or Sharing. LEOFORCE only sells or shares applicant personal information, including internet and other network activity information via cookies to provide the marketing or analytics services provided by the cookie provider. LEOFORCE does not sell or share applicant personal information for monetary consideration. This may be deemed a sale under the CCPA or sharing under the CPRA. To opt-out of this sharing visit our Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
4. Your rights
The California Privacy Rights Act, (CPRA) entitles California residents, including job applicants, to certain rights. To the extent the CPRA applies to our processing of your personal information, you are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to Access/Know. You have the right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you, unless doing so proves impossible or would involve disproportionate effort.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we collect or maintain, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive your request to delete and confirm your identity, we will delete (and notify any service providers or third parties, who we have shared or sold your personal information to, to delete) your personal information, unless an exception applies under applicable law, including to comply with applicable law.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale/Sharing. You have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information to third parties. LEOFORCE does not have actual knowledge that it sells or shares personal information of minors under the age of sixteen (16) years. To exercise your right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information visit Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment if and when you exercise your rights to access, delete, opt-out, correct, or limit use of sensitive personal information under the CPRA.
- Right to correct. You have the right to correct inaccurate personal information that we collect or maintain.
To exercise your right to access/know, correct, or delete your personal information, you may submit a request toll-free at 1-800-960-6198 or via email email@example.com You can also exercise your rights by visiting our California Privacy Rights Act page. For requests submitted via telephone or email, you must provide us with sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected the personal information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it. If we are not able to verify your identity for access and deletion requests with the information provided, we may ask you for additional pieces of information.
To opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information, visit Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, or, effective January 1, 2023, utilize the opt out preference signal to instruct us to not sell or share any of your personal information collected online. The opt out preference signal will apply to the device and browser in which you utilize it. You can utilize the opt out preference signal by activating the opt out preference signal within your browser, device, or other platform.
Using an Authorized agent
Only you, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. If a consumer is using an authorized agent to submit a CCPA/CPRA privacy request to know (disclosure report) or delete their personal information, the following is required.
- Using an authorized agent without power of attorney to submit a request to know or delete
- Signed permission from the consumer authorizing the agent to submit the CCPA privacy request(s) on their behalf. Describe the type of privacy request(s) being requesting (know/disclosure report and/or deletion).
- The consumer must verify their own identity directly with the us by submitting information or documentation that provides sufficient proof of identification, such as a copy of a driver’s license, an identification card issued by the motor vehicle administration, or any other government issued identification.
- Using an authorized agent with power of attorney to submit a request to know or delete: If you have provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, provide only the following: the valid power of attorney executed lawfully under California Probate Code sections 4121 to 4130.
- Using an authorized agent to submit an opt-out request: Please provide written permission, signed by the consumer, authorizing the agent to submit the opt-out request.
5. Do not track
We do not process Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
6. Information security
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect and maintain from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. These security measures include access controls, multi-factor authentication, and encryption. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
7. Personal information of children
LEOFORCE’s Career website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of sixteen (16) years. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from individuals under the age of sixteen (16), we will delete the personal information. If you believe we have personal information on individuals under the age of sixteen (16), please contact us at the contact information provided below.
8. Changes to this privacy notice
This Privacy Notice is subject to change at any time. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page and will indicate the date the changes go into effect. If we make any changes that materially affect your privacy rights, we will announce those changes by email notification/prominent post on application website and obtain your consent, if required.
9. Contact us
For questions on this Privacy Notice or the protection of your personal information and privacy rights, please contact LEOFORCE:
LEOFORCE Human resources department
firstname.lastname@example.org / +1 919.800.0110